Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The cough is back

The cough I had back in March is now back with a vengeance.  Originally, I thought it was my allergies, but after a week of coughing all day and sleeping very little, I realized it was something more than allergies.  As I said before, I hate taking medication, but since I have a million things going on right now, I had to take something.  I tried an OTC cough syrup and allergy pills, but those didn't work.

Yesterday, I went to the doctor and he said he has no idea what's causing the cough (thank Doc).  He is treating me for an infection (upper respiratory, sinus) and hoping the medicine clears everything up.  And bless his heart, he gave me a cough syrup with codeine.

I've taken the cough syrup with codeine before so I knew it was going to put me into my own little world.  It makes me feel like I'm floating...seriously.  I took it yesterday during the day and after about two hours, I started sweating profusely and my hands were shaky.  I realized that it was probably due to the fact that I hadn't eaten very much so I downed a turkey burger and felt a lot better.  From now on, I'm going to try to only take the cough syrup at night.

Fingers crossed the cough goes away soon.  I have a bridal shower this weekend and I don't want to be known as the bridesmaid who coughed all over everyone.  And if it doesn't go away, the guests will be getting surgical masks for favors.


We could probably dress these up and make them look pretty! 


   

    

No comments:

Post a Comment