Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry!

Let's talk daytime TV! It's been awhile since I've had the opportunity to sit around all day, watching TV. This past season in Fort Wayne, I was a nanny so the only daytime TV shows I watched were on Nick Jr or Disney. While the sound of Dora's voice makes me cringe, I really started to like Olivia and Peppa Pig. That doesn't mean I'm going to sit around and watch them by myself though. Instead, I pass the time waiting for Kevin's Skype icon to light up green by watching horrible and horribly addicting TV shows. My usual day follows the same schedule.

1. VH1 Jump Start- I like to start with music in the morning, but I'm starting to notice a pattern. The same songs play everyday, but in a different order. I might have to start watching The Today Show instead.
2. Jerry Springer- I loved the show in college and I still love it! I still wonder if half the stuff on the show is real, but ,honestly, I don't care. It's great entertainment! My only question is "Why do the girls on the show insist on wearing bras (with straps) with strapless and one shoulder dresses?"
3. Maury- Yes, every show revolves around lie detector or paternity results, but I can't get enough. The suspense kills me and I cannot stand when they don't reveal the results until the next day.
4. The Jeremy Kyle Show- I was introduced to The Jeremy Kyle Show when we lived in England. I have no idea when this show started in the US, but I'm sure glad it did. The show follows the same script as both Jerry and Maury. People come on to tell their loved ones a terrible secret or to find out who their babies' daddies are. The only difference is Jeremy Kyle is brutally honest with his guests and will tell them when they are idiots. Jerry and Maury encourage them to act like idiots.

While the above shows are my go tos, I do sometimes go off schedule. Right now, I'm keeping up with the Conrad Murray Trial on HLN and I can always find something on HGTV. And when all else fails, there is always a rerun of Law & Order on some channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment