Friday, October 21, 2011

Glasses shopping online???

This week I decided to make a daring move and buy a new pair of eyeglasses online. For most people this probably wouldn't be a big deal, but my prescription is -9.25 in both eyes. Obviously, it would have been smarter to go to the eye doctor, have an eye exam, and try on numerous pairs, but that probably would have cost me over $600.

A friend of mine has used Zenni Optical before so I decided to use them (www.zennioptical.com). But before I started browsing, I called my eye doctor to get my prescription information. The website was easy to follow and allowed me to upload a picture of myself in order to 'try' the glasses on. I narrowed it down to two pairs, but decided to only order one pair just in case they turn out horrible. For a grand total of $51.80 I got a new pair of glasses and this includes the additional charges for extra strength lenses and high-index lenses.

So, in about two weeks I'll know whether or not I made the right decision. For now, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they don't turn out like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment