Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Busy Little Bee!

I know it has been forever since I last posted on the blog, but things have been hectic since Kevin and I got back to the States.  We had a pretty uneventful travel day and everything went smoothly with passport control at the airport.  Since I had overstayed my 90 days, they questioned me a little longer than I would have liked, but since I had all the paperwork showing we've been going through the visa process since August, they let me go through without any problems. 

I was only able to stay in Pittsburgh for a few days because I had to get back to Springfield quickly.  Luckily, I got to spend some good quality time with Kevin's parents and our niece and nephew.  Since I didn't get to see everyone I wanted to on this visit, I'm trying to find time in the near future to get down there to see them soon.

My rush back to Springfield was due to the fact that my grandfather was going to a nursing home.  I wanted to see him, in his house, one last time before he went.  He has dementia and has progressively gotten worse over the last few years.  My family had to make this decisions since he now requires full-time care.  Luckily, he is really dealing with the transition well.  My mom and I were able to drive down there Friday and we were very happy with his accommodations, nurses, and the care he was receiving.  My mom and my aunt also went down a few days ago and he had already made friends and really seemed happy.  Of course, this makes him being there a lot easier.

Grandpa and I enjoying some time together Friday.  I love this man!  
This Saturday I drove down to St. Louis for my cousin's bachelorette party.  It was such an amazing time and I was so happy to see her and everyone else there.  We attended a Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre at the Lemp Mansion.  Then we headed out for a night on the town.  Feeling like garbage the next day was totally worth it. 

The beautiful bachelorette, Steph. 

Sig Kap Girls! 

Yesterday, I got together with the family I will be working for this summer.  Two summers ago I worked with the three kids and I am so happy to be a part of their summer again.  My first day is on Monday and I can't wait. 

Today is Kevin and my first wedding anniversary.  It seems crazy that we've been married a year already.  "Normal" couples would spend this day together and eat their cake, but we don't play by the same rules as "normal" couples.  Due to my hectic schedule and Kevin starting work, we are apart, but we will see each other in a few weeks and celebrate then. 

One year of wedding bliss, many more to go!


    

No comments:

Post a Comment