Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Home

In less than 12 hours we will be heading to the airport.  It is hard to believe that the time has come for us to go home.  We are both super-excited to see our friends, families, and dogs.  But there are a few other things we cannot wait to get home for.

1. Food- We already know that our first stop in Pittsburgh will be to Chipolte.  I can already taste the pork tacos.  I'm going to eat all three of them and a whole bag of chips and guacamole...and I'm not going to feel bad about it at all.  Kevin and I have been talking about "American food" for months now.  He can't wait for ribs, chicken wings, steak, and sandwich shops.  I just want cottage cheese (the kind here is disgusting), pulled pork, hot dogs, and hummus.  I'm giving myself until June 1 to indulge in all my favorites and then I'll clean up my act for the summer.  I do have a bridesmaid's dress I have to fit into.

2. Internet- I cannot wait to have the internet at all times, uninterrupted.  Our internet connection in Vipiteno was the only thing that almost made me lose my shit this year. 

3. Phone calls- For 6 months no one has called my cell phone except for Kevin and Debbie.  And Debbie's been gone for a month now so my phone's probably only rang twice in that time.  I cannot wait to get home so I can text and call people whenever I want.  Be prepared friends, there are some long conversations in my future.

4. Clothes- I just want my clothes.  Kevin says I'm crazy, but I'm serious.  I hate wearing the same thing constantly.  Rotating the same 20 things for the last 6 months has taken a toll on me.  If I had it my way, I would just throw out everything I've worn this year and start fresh because that is how much I hate my clothes here.

5. TV- The fact that I will be able to turn on the TV and understand what people are saying excites me beyond belief.  The only English channels we get in Vipiteno are BBC and CNN.  And I can watch the music stations because most the songs are in English.  Granted, we have the Slingbox, but when our internet is out, we can't watch it.   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment