Saturday, July 21, 2012

Looks Like I'll Be Passing On Chick-fil-A

I grew up with a Chick-fil-A in my hometown and when it moved out, people were outraged.  Luckily for me, Chick-fil-A greeted me at college my freshman year at EIU.  It was a staple for me and probably contributed to the twelve pounds I put on my freshman year.  I ate it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and the great thing about it was that I could use my meal card to pay for it.  Waffle fries, chicken nuggets, chicken sandwiches, chicken biscuits...I love them all.

After graduation, I forgot about Chick-fil-A since one wasn't around and probably stayed away from it for four years.  That is when we moved to Fort Wayne and there was one just a few miles down the road.  I wouldn't say I frequented it often, but it was a guilty pleasure for me both years Kevin played there.

But due to recent remarks by Dan Cathy, Chick-fil-A's president, I will be boycotting the fast food chain.  Cathy commented that his company believes in the "biblical definition of the family unit."  It also came to light that the food chain donates money to numerous anti-gay charities. 

Well, Mr. Cathy, I don't particularly like you and I will definitely not be supporting your company.  I might even be add you to my "hate list."  You'll go right next to Pink and Rush Limbaugh.

source

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great post. I whole heartedly agree. No Chick-fil-A for this girl either. I’m proud to stand up for all my LGBT friends and family.
    Aunt Ruth

    ReplyDelete