Thursday, July 19, 2012

Name Change

It's been over a year since Kevin and I tied the knot and I'm just getting around to changing my name.  Last summer, I took care of the BIG things...the driver's license and the social security card.  At the time, I really couldn't be bothered with doing anything else.  So, since arriving home in May I've been on a mission to get my name changed on all my documents (credit cards, bank account, student loans, insurance, teaching licenses) and I've called all my doctors to change my name with their offices too.  The last part of the process is my passport, but I'm pretty sure I am going to just wait until it expires to take care of that.

I honestly had no idea the name changing process was so hard and took so much effort.  I had to write letters, get certified copies of our license, call companies, and go to some places in person.  I probably would have paid someone to do it for me.  But luckily I'm done for now.  My last letter got sent out today and I'm not going to think about the name changing process until 2016, when it's time to change my passport.   

No comments:

Post a Comment