Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Summer's End

Every year I'm shocked at how quickly the summer flies by.  It feels like just last week, Kevin and I were packing up everything in Italy to come home and now it's time to head back already.  Hell, Kevin has already been working for 2 weeks. 

I finished up my last day of nannying last Friday since the kids started school on Monday.  Just like two summers ago, I had a great time working with the kids.  They are hilarious and constantly keep me entertained.  I don't know how I ever got so lucky to meet the wonderful family I worked for, but I am so thankful.  Even though I think this was probably my last summer working for them, I know that we'll remain in touch and I look forward to watching them grow up.

For the time being, I'm still babysitting a few times a week for another family.  I'm also finishing up my summer visits.  This weekend, I'm heading up to Chicago to visit the college girls and in a few weeks I'm heading down to St. Louis to see my cousin Steph's new house.  I've been picking up things here and there to take over and I'm sure in a few weeks, I'll be starting to pack up my life.  The way things are looking, I'm probably be heading over in early October so I still have about 5-6 weeks in the States.  

source  

I'm excited for the upcoming season and look forward to what most likely will be our last year overseas.  I can't wait to discover new places, meet new people, and hopefully pick up a little more German.  And most of all, I look forward to sharing my adventures with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment