Friday, August 31, 2012

Election 2012

I don't know about you, but I am sick and tired of hearing about the election.  I'm over it and I cannot wait until I get back over to Italy so I don't have to hear about it anymore.  I don't care who said what or who did what.  And I'm beyond tired of all the ads on television.  I hate to break it to the candidates, but all the money you are putting into making and airing the ads is not going to change anyone's minds. 

In 2008, Kevin and I were also overseas for the election.  I liked being out of the loop and I enjoyed flipping through the channels without seeing one of the candidates' faces.  Now don't get me wrong, I stayed up all night watching the election coverage to find out who our next President of the United States was going to be, but I only need one night...not 12 whole months of crap. 

I've gone back and forth all summer about whether or not to vote and I've come to the ultimate decision that I WILL be voting absentee.  But it should be known that the ads, newspaper articles, speeches, and conventions (one so far) have not played a role in my decision. 

And since I already know who I'm voting for, I'm going to steer clear of reading or watching anything else that has to do with the election.  I'm over it!

No comments:

Post a Comment