Thursday, November 8, 2012

Enjoy Typical American Food!

This week at one of the local grocery stores here in Vipiteno, it is American Week.  Basically, they will be carrying American (or what they think is American) foods until they are all gone.  Kevin and I got the ad last week and we were cracking up at some of the stuff they were carrying. Most of the foods belong in the American sale, but some we don't even carrying in American.  Or if we do, I've never seen them. 

First off, what is hamburger sauce?  In America, we use ketchup and mustard...not some type of sauce.  And our hot dogs DO NOT come in a jar.  That is disgusting!  Another weird thing was the chicken nuggets and tenders are served with a curry sauce.  Isn't curry an Indian food?

But needless to say, Kevin and I hit up the sale today.  We grabbed some cookies, dried cranberries, and chicken tenders.  I'll let you know if I feel like I'm back in America when I eat them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment