Sunday, March 3, 2013

Please Note

Just to clarify, my last post was not geared towards one particular person or meant to leave you questioning whether or not you might have said one of these things to me.  It was simply a post about phrases I found annoying during my pregnancy and why I found them annoying.  When writing the post, I was being half humorous/sarcastic and half serious.

It doesn't state that these things were said by individuals intending to be mean-spirited.  And, in reality, I'm not going to punch anyone in the face.  I wouldn't even know how to throw a punch without breaking my own hand.

But since we are on the subject of phrases that I hate and find terribly annoying, here are a few more to not say to me.

1.  "Everything happens for a reason."  It actually pains me to even type this phrase.  That is how much I absolutely hate it!  My hatred for this phrase is as strong as my hatred for Ann Coulter (and that is saying a lot). 
2.  "If it's meant to be, it will be."  I would just like to know who exactly is going to decide if it is meant to be.  
3.  "Good things come to those who wait."  Actually, good things come to those who work their asses off to make good things happen.  Not the ones who are laying on the couch waiting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment