Thursday, June 12, 2014

Back to Reality

It's been a little over a week since we got back from Mexico...a whole 10 days since I drank mojitos all day, ate and slept when I wanted, and got pretty every night. I'm back to my reality of changing poop diapers, eating in record time, and drinking cold coffee (and I'm not talking about iced coffee). It is also safe to say that I haven't done my hair or put on makeup since we got back. I'm okay with all of this though because I love my reality.  

Our vacation was definitely much needed. Kevin needed some time away from the constant hustle and bustle at work, I needed some 'me' time, and Alessia needed some time away from me to learn that I can't always be with her. Spending time with our amazing friends and meeting new people only made the vacation better.

The memories we made on the trip will forever be with us and, of course, the pictures. Those will always be there too, even the questionable ones. I'll remember the crazy rain storm we tried to wait out, but instead got stuck running through.  And those raindrops felt like bullets when they hit you. I'll cherish the memory of helping Jana get ready for her wedding and watching her and Rob say 'I do". I'll unfortunately remember doing the Wobble dance more times than I can count...apparently the music in Mexico is a few years dated.


It is amazing how refreshed five days away can make you feel. I'm pretty sure it is the only way I have been able to deal with my ultra clingy girl (who obviously had a little separation anxiety while I was gone).

I'd love to make our 'vacation with friends' a trend. So, friends, start saving. And, until then, I'll have these to look at.

Even though we don't get to see each other that often, I am so lucky to call these two ladies my best friends. 
 
 
The love of my life


Five days of paradise

No comments:

Post a Comment