Saturday, October 5, 2013

It's Been a Little While

The other night as I was laying in bed, I remembered I had a blog and it occurred to me that maybe I should use some of my free time the time when Alessia is asleep and Kevin is gone to start writing again.  Considering I pretty much spend every waking moment with a 7 month old, it would be nice to "talk" to an audience that actually comprehends what I am saying.

Basically, the last month has been C-R-A-Z-Y!  We packed and moved...again.  But hopefully we are here for awhile.  We've unpacked...almost.  The totes in the garage don't count since they technically are not in the house.  We need about a thousand things, but hopefully we'll get those purchased in the next year or two.  I've learned to manage without a colander and a can opener for now.

Alessia has her own room, which makes both of us happy.  I really do think she likes it since she loves to play with her toys in there.  However, since moving she hasn't started sleeping any better.  It varies day to day.  Before we moved, I was doing so well with the sleep training, but somehow we got away from it.  I no longer nurse her to sleep, but instead we picked up a new habit of patting her bottom and back whenever she wouldn't fall asleep or if she woke up in the middle of the night.  I don't know why it started, who started it, or how it started, but now she wants it.  And I want it to stop because now she can't put herself back to sleep when she wakes up.

So, we started the sleep training again yesterday and it is miserable listening to her cry.  I check on her and try to reassure her that I'm still here, but I feel like the worst person in the world.  I just can't keep getting up two, three times a night.  And sometimes staying up for two to three hours at a time. 

Luckily for us, our horrible sleeper is a great eater.  She LOVES food.  Everything is puréed for now, except for her bananas.  I've tried to give her some chunky stuff, but that really gets her gag reflex going.  The only thing she isn't a fan of is apples, which I thought most babies loved. 

Unfortunately, we haven't really had a chance to venture out and explore our new surroundings.  Since hockey season is in full swing, Kevin is beyond busy.  An adventure for us is hitting up Kroger with a 7 month old or trying to find a stud in the wall to hang a shelf (which we are horrible at).  We are planning a trip to the pumpkin patch soon so I'm super excited for that. 



No comments:

Post a Comment