Friday, October 11, 2013

Walking Until Winter

I love our neighborhood.  It is quiet, yet full of kids.  Our neighbor to the left, to the right, and across the street all have children.  And their neighbors have kids and their neighbors have kids...and so on and so on.  Right now, with Alessia being so young, she obviously doesn't go out and play with them, but I look forward to them "hanging out" in the years to come.

For now, my favorite thing about our neighborhood is the amazing walking/biking trails.  It goes through and around the neighborhood.  It takes you to the playground and pool and around the ponds. Both Alessia and I look forward to our daily walk...sometimes walks.  The weather lately has been gorgeous so I've been taking full advantage of it.  We've been walking 45 minutes to an hour everyday.  It's a win-win situation.  Alessia gets some fresh air, we both get out of the house, and I burn some calories (I say that as I'm downing a Coke).

We love to feed the ducks and geese!
She's gone from hating the stroller to loving it.

All bundled up for a chilly walk.

Sometimes our walk puts Alessia to sleep.

I'm starting to get nervous though.  The weather isn't going to stay gorgeous for long and I obviously can't take her out once winter gets here.  What are we going to do?  I got the idea of swim lessons.  Maybe go once or twice a week.  Perfect...right?  Wrong!  Swim lessons are almost $80 a month.  That's C-R-A-Z-Y!  She's 7 months old.  All we're going to do is float around in the pool while she pees in it.

I'm not trying to be cheap, but doesn't that seem unreasonable?  I thought maybe $50, at the most.  So, for now, we will walk until winter.  Don't worry...I'll bundle her up.

No comments:

Post a Comment