Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Anti-Shower Doors

Home improvements have been taking place since the day we moved in.  Usually, they are little things like hanging a shelf or putting a piece of furniture together.  With me taking care of Alessia and Kevin at work 9-10 hours a day (or on the road), our home is no where near where I wish it was though. 

I've been trying to do little things around the house when she naps, but sometimes she wakes up and interrupts what I am doing.  So, I have a little helper...or distraction.

This past weekend, Kevin was in Minneapolis and I decided that I wanted to take the shower doors off and put up a curtain.  I had planned on doing it when my mom was here in a week, but I couldn't take it anymore.  I despise shower doors.  They are a breeding ground for mold, mildew, and all kinds of yucky stuff.  And honestly, no matter what I do, I cannot keep them clean.

I started the project while Alessia was asleep, but didn't get far before I heard her high-pitched chatter coming from the other room.  The remainder of the job was completed with her help.  A few hours later and with only one trip to Lowe's, we had a curtain up.

Before

A huge improvement already.

My helper was as grossed out as I was by what was hiding under the doors.

Alessia did not want to give up the shower curtain.

After

Our project isn't entirely complete because we still need to scrape off some glue that was left on the shower walls and we need to fill the holes where the screws were.  But I am so much happier with the curtain and I vow to never put shower doors up.

Luckily, this weekend Kevin is around and I have a serious list of things I want to get done.  I'll be sure to take more pictures of our projects and hopefully some of you can come see them in person soon. 

1 comment: