Friday, March 2, 2012

10 Things You Might Not Know About Me

1. I sleep in socks...even in the summer. I can't sleep in wool socks though, only the cotton ones.

I wonder what wearing socks to bed says about a person?

source


2. I am obsessive compulsive when it comes to clutter. I think everything has a place. If something doesn't serve me a purpose then I have no need for it. Some people might think that is crazy, but I just think it is being reasonable. Really, what is the point of keeping my notes from middle school or holding on to the certificate I won for my artwork in 3rd grade?

3. My face turns bright red when I run. I honestly look like I am going to have a heart attack or pass out, but I feel fine so I guess it isn't a big deal.

4. I prefer my water at room temperature. While I like all of my other drinks ice-cold, I don't like cold water.

5. I am a crazy food person. I used to eat McDonalds regularly, snack on Swedish Fish, and live off of Hot Pockets, but that all changed a few years ago. I was nannying for a family with extreme food allergies and did a lot of research on the effects of food coloring, preservatives, and additives in food and was shocked at my findings. I cleaned up my diet that summer and haven't looked back. Now I try my best to stay away from all food coloring (I can't tell you the last time I ate something with Red40) and avoid buying anything prepackaged unless it is all-natural or organic. When it comes to fast food, I avoid McDonald's, Burger King, and Taco Bell. Instead I opt for the healthier options like Subway or Chipolte (who using mostly organic and natural ingredients).

source


6. I don't use anything on my lips except for Vaseline. I don't like lip gloss, ChapStick, or lip stick. Even on my wedding day, I opted for my trusty Vaseline.
I have a jar in my purse, in the bathroom, and next to my bed.

source


7. I wear a sports bra to bed. I'm not sure if it prevents sagging, but I sure hope so. That might be too much information.

8. I cheat when it comes to reading books. I usually get half way through it and then flip to the end to find out what happens. My mom shakes her head at this fact, but I can't help myself. The suspense kills me.

9. I'm a crazy one when it comes to table manners. Chewing with your mouth open, talking with your mouth full, or slurping your soup are like nails on a chalkboard to me. I actually get ill just thinking about it.

10. I have a blankie. It all started about 6 years ago when Kevin and I went on a cruise and I was cold in the airport. I went to Brookstone and bought a small travel blanket and now it goes everywhere with me. I take it on car rides (because Kevin is always hot and I am cold), on airplanes, and now I even sleep with it.

Everyone should own one of these.

source

1 comment: