Wednesday, February 29, 2012

To Cut or Not To Cut!

After about 4 months without a haircut and 5 months without highlights, my hair is looking like a hot mess. My bangs are under my chin, my layers are all over the place, the ends of my hair are all split, and my hair is a dirty, dishwater blonde. It wouldn't be bad except for that combo coupled with my pasty, white skin, makes me look sickly. As much as I would like to just wait until I get home, I don't think I can.

Getting my hair done in the States is easy, regardless of where we are located and when we were in England, finding a hair dresser wasn't a problem for me. In fact, the best haircut I've ever had was in Basingstoke, England from one of Kevin's teammates. I wonder if he'll fly over and do my hair? But seriously...I'm in a place where I don't speak the language and I'm scared as hell that I'll leave the salon looking like this...

Sorry Pink, but this is not a good look.

source


I'm not as scared about the haircut as I am the highlights. I usually go for a nice, sun-kissed blonde look, but I have yet to see that here in Vipiteno. Instead, it is an allover yellow-orange or platinum color. Debbie and I like to refer to it as Euro-blonde. But I think I am going to take my chances. I know one of the hairdressers from the games and she has cut Kevin's hair once before. I am going to put my trust in her and hope for the best. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment