Thursday, February 16, 2012

Good Luck!

Kevin's team started the first round of playoff in the beginning of February. The way things work in Serie A, the top Italian League, are really weird and confusing. After the regular season, all the points are cut in half. Then the top 4 teams play each other (one home and one away game) and the bottom 6 teams play each (one home and one away game). After that round, the 8 teams with the most points go on to the next round of playoffs. Confusing...right?

Kevin's team finished the regular season in 9th place out of 10 teams. Considering this is their first year in the league, they have fewer imports than any other team, they play with a non-import goalie, and they have a limited budget, I think that is pretty good. Especially since the 4 bottom teams were only a few points ahead/behind each other. Well, playoffs haven't started like the team wanted them to. They lost their first 3 games, but they aren't out of the running yet.

All year, the coaches have alternated bringing 'Good Luck Breakfast" on game days. Usually this consists of some type of pastry bought from the store. Today, I decided they needed something homemade to bring them luck so I made my Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake (minus the buttermilk) and I've got my fingers crossed for a big win tonight. Kevin has already warned me that a win tonight will require me to make the cake again on Saturday (and so on and so on). I could potentially be making the cake 7 times in the next 2 weeks and I am okay with that.

GO BRONCOS!

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget about your lucky hairdo!!! It'll help!

    ReplyDelete