Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lent

The Lenten season officially starts today and that means it's time for all the crazy Catholics to figure out what they want to give up until Easter. Every year I rack my brain to try to figure out what it's going to be and this year is no different. Kevin said I should give up cussing, but that just made me cuss more. I know it isn't very ladylike, but I like to do it and sometimes I just can't help it. So instead I ran through a list of things I love and indulge in (that are foods) and this is what I came up with: soda, coffee, pizza, chips, chocolate, and cheese.

Soda wouldn't be a hard one for me to give up, but Kevin just got me Sprite Zero the other day in Bolzano and I really want to 'indulge' in it. I haven't had a Sprite all year. As for coffee, I just don't think I can do it. I'm in Europe; people drink coffee all day long here, with every meal. Giving up my latte macchiato or cappuccino would be like giving up on my European experience.

I've never really been a fan of sweets. Back home, I might have a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup or a Snickers occasionally, but nothing extreme. Here, things have changed and in a bad way. After I eat dinner, I feel like I have to have something sweet. Maybe it's a piece of chocolate or it could be an ice cream bar covered in chocolate. Then, I also am obsessed with chocolate croissants. Every week Kevin and I go to one of the bakeries and get a treat and I'll give you a wild guess on what I usually get.

Oreo Milka Bars are amazing!

source


Cheese and pizza are two of my favorite things. Right now, I probably have 8 different kinds of cheeses in my refrigerator. As for pizza, let's be practical here...there is no way that I could give it up. I live in Italy and eat pizza numerous times a week. In fact, I'm going to eat it for dinner tonight.

I love potato chips! I typically have them at least once a day. I know they aren't good for me, but that doesn't stop me. They are my weakness and I don't want to ever give them up.

Out of all of my indulgences, I have to pick something so I'm going to be giving up potato chips. I hate to do it especially since I have a drawer full of chips that are already tempting me and it's only day one. But Easter will be here before I know it and I can celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus with a bag of Paprika chips.

This is what our chip drawer looks like on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment