Saturday, January 11, 2014

Mommy's Night Out

Back in college, my Friday nights were spent trying on numerous outfits until I found the perfect one, finding someone to put eyeliner on me (since I still can't do it correctly), pre-gaming, and then hitting the party scene at 10-11pm.  My hockey Friday's were spent trying on numerous outfits until I found the one that was both warm and stylish, sharing pitchers of Coors Light with my ladies, and devouring Applebee's appetizers at 11pm. My how the times have changed.

This Friday, I ventured out...by myself...to Target.  And to top it off, I even put on jeans.  Because, let's be honest, I spend 99% of my time now in either sweatpants or yoga pants. I walked down the aisles, actually looking at things that weren't on my list. I didn't have to worry about whether or not my child was about to have a mental breakdown or not. And the best part...I didn't have to shop with an extra 17 pounds hanging onto me (because my child gets tired of sitting in a cart quickly).

But that was all the excitement I could handle for one night. After an hour and a half of filling my cart with items I really didn't need, I went home so I could put Alessia to bed and make dinner (which I burnt). Note to self: setting a timer only works if you actually check the item after the timer goes off.

With all that said, I could definitely use a night out on the town. The last time I had more than one serving of alcohol in a night was in June 2012...sad, I know.  But, for now, I will pass because feeling like hell while having to care for another living person isn't something I want to do. Instead, I will savor my late night solo trips to Target.

No comments:

Post a Comment