Thursday, January 30, 2014

Bathing Suits and Dessert...Not a Good Combo

The countdown is on! We have less than four months until sun, sand, alcoholic beverages...and bathing suits.  The first three I can handle; the last one, I'm not too confident about. 

In preparation for our trip, Kevin and I have made it a priority to start getting fit.  The food part is easy because we really don't eat unhealthy.  We don't eat out, we use mostly organic ingredients, we don't eat prepackaged foods, and we eat a very balanced diet.  The only problem we have is that we LOVE dessert. 

I was never a sweets person until we lived in Europe.  In England, we always had our "pudding" (shout out to the Delany's who usually supplied us with this) and it was usually ice cream or a crumble.  And nine times out of ten it was covered in custard.  In Italy, we usually had dessert twice a day...once in the afternoon with our tea and coffee and then again after dinner.  Unfortunately, we brought this bad habit back to the States with us.

Now after dinner, I immediately look for something sweet...chocolate, ice cream, cookies.  This is something I know I can't do if I want to be in a bikini in May.  So since the first of the year, I haven't bought any sweets.  But I still find myself looking for some after dinner like they are magically going to appear out of nowhere.  At the grocery store, I always look at the sweets, but I don't buy.  I know if I get them, there will be no turning back.

For now and for the next four months, I will just dream of cakes, gelato, pie, and cookies.  And look at pictures...



No comments:

Post a Comment