Thursday, January 16, 2014

Trip For Two

When I found out my best friend was getting married in Cancun, I was so excited.  I knew, without a doubt, that we would be going.  Then the realization that I was going to have to leave my girl set in and I started freaking out.  Kevin travels away from home a lot so he is used to being away from her. I, on the other hand, have never been away from her for longer than 12 hours...and that was only once. And when I do step out for a few hours, I check in to make sure she is okay because I obviously feel like she can't live without me. It would be safe to say that Alessia and I have some attachment issues. 

Well, we booked our trip to Cancun this week...6 days/5 nights without our girl.  I know this will be ten times harder on me than it will be on her.  Luckily for us, my amazing parents are coming to stay with Alessia at our place while we are away.  And I know that they will follow my crazy rules.  I don't jive with the whole "eat what you want and do what you want with the grandparents." Plus, Paula P will probably clean my house better than I ever do and my dad will take Alessia on more walks than she can count.

For now, I will mentally prepare myself for the separation. And look forward to a trip for two.  


No comments:

Post a Comment