Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Exhaustion

I never knew was exhaustion felt like until I had Alessia. The first few months of her life I walked around like a zombie. She would wake up every few hours to feed and once I fell back to sleep, she was usually ready to get up again.

The last few weeks have felt a lot like those first few months. She takes forever to fall asleep, wakes up in the middle of the night, and even refuses naps. I know a lot of it has to do with the cooler weather. We aren't getting out in the morning on most days so she isn't able to tire herself out. But she runs around the house back and forth...goes up and down the stairs countless times...climbs everything! I'm exhausted from chasing after her. I am astonish at how little sleep Alessia requires especially coming from two people who NEED and LOVE their sleep.

Having Kevin here helps a great deal. Even though he is at work during the day, he lets me sleep in on most mornings and then entertains her at night for a few hours before bed. Sometimes I get lucky and he gets home early enough to give her a bath.

But with the hockey season, come road trips. Usually they are only a few days, but every few months we get a long one...and that long one starts this week. Ten day of Alessia and Mommy time! And hopefully ten days of ten hour sleeps and two hour naps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment