Saturday, November 12, 2011

Decisions, decisions

After my mental break down on Tuesday, I found a flight and planned on flying out on Monday. All we were waiting for was the okay from the GM of Kevin's team (who books the flight), but in the meantime the Immigration Officer who Kevin has been working with for my nulla osta (entry clearance) informed Kevin that my paperwork would go through within the next two weeks. So, now I have to decide whether I want to wait for the paperwork or fly on Monday.

If I knew, for sure, my paperwork would go through within two weeks, I would just wait. But as I've learned throughout this process, 'two weeks' rarely means 'two weeks.' Then, you have to factor in weekends and holidays. If my paperwork isn't processed before Christmas, everything will be pushed back until mid-January.

On one hand, I just want to get out of here. I miss my husband (who I haven't seen in over 2 months). I miss my shoes (Kevin took those with him). I miss having my own space. Then on the other hand, it would be nice to be home for Thanksgiving (the first time in 6 years). Plus, I would be able to see "Breaking Dawn: Part 1" (yes, I am a Twi-hard). So what to do, what to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment