Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Sensory Overload

I came to the rink with Kevin this morning so I could get the laundry done (we don't have a washing machine/dryer at the apartment). The team just got a new Latvian player in the other day and he is here because he has to figure out his hockey transfers. In the process of calling the different hockey federations, he has had to speak Czech, Latvian, and Russian. Then, I have the head coach and the GM here throwing some German and Italian into the mix. Of course, I only speak English so luckily they are translating some bits and pieces for me. Thanks guys for making me feel included, but my head still feels like it might explode!

And in regards to the laundry, I am so nervous that I'm going to leave a pair of my underwear or a bra in the washer or dryer. All I need is for the guys to be talking about Frau Reiter's (Mrs. Reiter's) underwear.

On another note, I got offered the secretary job here at the rink. All I need to do is learn German and Italian. No problem...I just hope the job is still open in about 10 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment