Friday, November 18, 2011

Eat, Sleep, and Be Merry!

I've been in Italy for a little over 48 hours now and most of those hours have been spent either eating or sleeping. I am horrible when it comes to jet lag; it takes me weeks to recover from a long flight. And it doesn't help that I never sleep on planes because I am too busy watching movies. I'm pretty sure the large German man sitting next to me was less than impressed with me laughing out loud and crying. But I paid for the seat so I can do what I want, right?

I definitely feel less guilt over the sleeping part than the eating part. A 6 hour nap is perfectly acceptable when you miss a night's sleep. As for the 11 hours of sleep that same night (5 hours later), I can do that any given night so it isn't that impressive. I thought I was all caught up until Kevin left for the rink again yesterday and it was lights out for me. Unfortunately, I paid for it because I didn't get to bed until 5:00am and as I'm typing this, my eyes are barely open. I WILL stay awake though; I need to get on some type of schedule.

On to the food, it was pasta the first night and pizza the second. The pasta was just a little something I threw together at the house. Usually, I refuse to eat pasta sauce out of a jar or a can, but in Italy, I decided to make an exception. It was actually really good. The pizza was great, but then again, I think most pizza is great. Kevin and I shared so I got to try two different kinds. We had one with prosciutto, mushrooms, olives, and artichokes and the other one had salami and hot peppers on it. A-MA-ZING! I've also been introduced to krapfens. They are delicious, but I'm going to have to limit my intake so I don't come home 30 pounds heavier. Let me give you an idea of what my waistline is up against...

No comments:

Post a Comment