Friday, January 27, 2012

Domani

I'm writing this post from my makeshift office in the locker room of the Vipiteno Broncos. It smells of hockey gear and sweat and I'm pretty sure I'm going to smell like it when I get home. We are on Day 4 of no internet at the apartment and I might be losing my mind if we don't get it soon. We talked to the hotel about our problem and they informed us that it was out there too and that they called someone to come out and fix it. In the States, they would send someone to fix it within a day or two. But in Italy, everything is 'domani' (or tomorrow). I'm betting we won't have it until early next week (at the earliest), but I'm really hoping I am wrong.

At least in the States, you can go to the nearest Starbucks or Barnes & Noble and connect to their Wi-Fi. Or you can pass time by watching television. These are not options here in our little Italian town of 6,000 people. I've been passing time by working out and napping, but I would much rather be catching up on my episodes of Jersey Shore and New Girl.

I don't mean to sound dramatic, but the internet is my lifeline. It is my connection to America! It is my phone, my television, and my cookbook. Without it, I am lost. I sure hope it comes back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment