Thursday, April 5, 2012

Spring Shopping

Packing my clothes bag to move for the season is a task for me.  It takes hours and hours stretched across a few days to complete the process perfectly.  First I make a list (because all great things start with a list) and then I get down to the business of actually tackling what is in my closet (or should I say my parent's spare closet that houses all my shit).  I lay it all out on the bed and then start picking and choosing what will go and what will stay.   

When coming to Vipiteno I knew it was going to be cold.  Sweaters, jeans, boots, coats, scarves, gloves, and hats were must-haves.  Originally, I had packed a pair of black flats, a jacket, and some short-sleeved shirts, but I quickly took those out after looking at the weather averages for the months I would be here.  I didn't want to waste precious space on clothes I would never wear.  I did that our first year overseas and ended up only wearing about half the stuff I brought.  Plus, that space can be used for an extra pair of sweatpants (which is what I wear 80% of the time).   

Well the weather here has warmed up quickly, with the exception of the past few days.  There have actually even been a couple days where it was 'hot.'  Luckily I bought a few 3/4 length tops that have come in handy.  But I only have boots and jeans to wear with them.  Yesterday, Kevin and I decided to take a trip to Innsbruck to do some Spring shopping.  I figured I could buy one pair of flats, one pair of jean capris, and a few short sleeved tops. 

I usually have no problem shopping, but yesterday I had this mental block.  I couldn't fathom buying things that I already have at home.  I never found capris I liked, the only pair of flats I liked weren't in my size, and all I came away with was one t-shirt.  Kevin had no problems at all.  He picked up a pair of shoes, two pairs of shorts, and four shirts.  Needless to say, I'm bummed out that my shopping excursion was a train wreck.  I need to redeem myself so I've decided that round two will take place sometime next week.  Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment