Monday, October 29, 2012

My Life Summed Up in a Week (or Two)

It's been two weeks since I've arrived back in Vipiteno.  Slowly, but surely I'm getting back into the swing of things...eating dinner at 9:00, driving a stick, not knowing what anyone is saying, having shitty internet.  Along with getting used to all these things, this is what else I've been doing.  

1. I've caught up on all my episodes of Basketball Wives LA and Chrissy and Mr. Jones (I already know I have horrible taste when it comes to TV so feel free to judge me).  I like to save them all up and watch them back-to-back so I'm not left wanting more. 

2. All Baby Reiter's stuff is unpacked and put away.  I washed everything at home before I came so all I really needed to do was sort, fold, and find room for it once I got here.  Thanks to all my AMAZING family and friends at home, we have some great stuff to get us started. 





3. Things are starting to get real with this pregnancy.  I felt my first kick last Sunday.  At first it scared me (TMI-I thought maybe I was going to poop my pants or something), but then I realized what it was.  And in enough time that Kevin was able to feel it.  My belly button is on the verge of popping.  The top part is slowly making its way out.  I'm not looking forward to this and the only sick and twisted person that is excited about it is my cousin, Steph.  She will be the first person I call when it is fully out for the world to see.  And on a sad note...I went to get dressed on Friday night and my jeans wouldn't button.  I'm using the rubberband trick that my friend, Abbi, told me about for now.  I'm not putting on those maternity jeans until I have to.

4. I'm back to working out.  I took the summer off, which I know I shouldn't have done.  I like to use the excuse that I was pregnant and it was too hot to work out, but, in honesty, it was laziness (don't tell Kevin that I admitted to that).  Napping and watching Law and Order reruns just seemed like a better idea than working out.  But now I'm back in the gym.  My goal for this year is 4 days a week for at least 45 minutes a day.  I'm sticking strictly to riding the bike or walking on the treadmill (no running) for cardio and I'm only working on my arms and chest with weights.  Hopefully this will all help me during labor and when it's time to get my pre-baby body back.  Being back in the gym also gives me a chance to see all my friends and get weird stares from everyone.  

5. I'm actually making an effort to learn German this year.  I feel like I know so many words, but putting it all together is hard work.  I've actually used the Rosetta Stone more in the past two weeks than I did all of last year...so I'll give myself a pat on the back. 


No comments:

Post a Comment