Monday, December 17, 2012

Any other day of the month

Today, I had my 28 week check up at the doctor. I woke up at about 7:30 to start getting ready and the first thing I did was turn on the shower to warm up. But it never warmed up...we had no hot water, which also meant we had no heat. Any other day of the month it wouldn't matter, but today I actually had something to do and obviously needed to take a shower.

Thankfully, Kevin and I have experience with having no hot water from our days living in Basingstoke. Kevin put on the cordless kettle and started boiling water in every pot we owned. I washed my hair in the tub with the cold water, which was less than pleasant. Then, Kevin filled up the tub with the boiling water so I could take a bath. I drained the water and Kevin filled it back up with more boiled water so I could rinse. Getting out of the water was actually the worse part because it was so cold in our apartment. 

At the time, I was less than amused and even let the f-word slip out. Looking back, the whole situation is pretty funny. And even with all the chaos this morning, we still managed to get out of the house on time. However, I did not have a chance to shave my legs...sorry doc.   


No comments:

Post a Comment