Monday, December 10, 2012

Pregnancy Update!

For starters, I am finally legal.  Kevin and I went and got my visa all sorted out last week and we triple-checked that the date was correct this time.  Today, I am 26 weeks, 4 days pregnant.  I'm definitely starting to get bigger and my normal daily tasks are starting to get harder and harder every day.  Who knew putting my shoes on could be such hard work?  And why do I breathe like I just finished a marathon when all I did was get dressed?  I'm not sure how much I've gained since my last appointment, but I am nervous to go to the doctor's next Monday.  I'm sure I've put on quite a bit considering all I want to do is eat...constantly.  And as much as I don't want to admit it, I think maternity clothes are in my near future.  At least it will give me some new outfits to wear. 

I've been keeping busy reading up on all things pregnancy and labor.  A friend suggested I read the book Ina May's Guide to Childbirth so that is what I am currently reading.  It's a little far out there, but a must read for anyone considering having a natural labor.  I still haven't been able to talk Kevin into watching any birthing videos though.  Maybe sometime in the near future...like before my water breaks. 

Here are my pictures Week 21-26.  Watch me grow! 

I've definitely been slacking when it comes to working out. 
My belly makes a good arm rest.
I never had heartburn before the pregnancy and I'm seriously hoping I never get it again.  
My belly button popped this week.  It's not completely an outie, but it is definitely out.  
I felt Baby Reiter's hiccups this week. 
This might be my last picture in regular jeans.  It should be noted that they are unbuttoned though. 

3 comments:

  1. love your update! you're cute as a button!! :)--Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ina May's book is far out there, but super helpful in your time of intense focus during labor. It helped me a ton and I did the whole thing 'natural.'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first started reading it, I wondered what I had gotten into. I'm glad I've stuck with it though because it will probably be my life saver during labor. I'm glad you found it useful...makes me feel better.

      Delete