Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Apartment Stalker

Don't worry, we don't have a stalker creeping around the apartment.  The only stalker around here is me.  I am the lady who is constantly looking out her window seeing who/what I can see.  I watch the people going into the hotel, smoking outside the restaurant, and coming into the gym.  I actually can tell you who is at the gym by looking outside to see what cars are parked here.  That is how I decide if I want to go down there or not.  White truck man or blue Skoda guy are normal and don't stink.  Red VW man, or as I call him "Ab Man," is creepy and I like to avoid him when possible.  If the silver Megane hatchback guy is there, I am never to go down...he wears a unitard, smells horrible (like BO and farts), and always turns the music up way to loud.  But if my good friend, Blue car lady is there, I look forward to going down.

This week, as Kevin and I were pulling up to the apartment, we noticed the owner of the hotel and one of his workers were cutting down a big evergreen tree across from our apartment.  Once we made it upstairs, I headed straight for the window because I needed to see what was going on.  And I grabbed my camera on the way.  

Watching these two grown men cut down the tree with a little saw and ax, drag it to the edge of the road, and then run it across a busy street was quite entertaining.  I'm predicting they are using this tree as the Christmas Tree at the hotel, but I need to confirm this by actually going over there.

This is where the tree used to be (in the center of the picture).

It only took two guys to move it to the side of the road.
But they had to enlist the help of a third to get it across the street. 

This is just another day in my life...creeping the neighbors.  It's exciting, I know. 

2 comments:

  1. I am the exact same way! Very much a people watcher. Every scream I hear coming from outside, I'm at the window in under a second. Weird car parked where it shouldn't be in our lot (our building is the team and the team only), I'm on it. Especially when there's a weird man sleeping in the back. Man sleeping in the elevator? On that too. My fiance nicknamed me "neighbourhood watch". Gotta make sure we're safe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband says I'm nosey, but I prefer the word "curious." I love the "neighborhood watch"...I might have to go with that one from now on.

    ReplyDelete