Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013...The Year of Change

Happy New Year!  While I am so super-excited that 2013 is here, I'm still left wondering where the hell 2012 went.  Is it just me or did last year fly by?  2012 was a great year for Kevin and me...we have no complaints.  But with the arrival of 2013, we also have the arrival of Baby Reiter.

Having Baby Reiter is going to change a lot...obviously.  No more sleeping until 10 am for me or napping when I want.  Kevin is going to have to get over his weak gag-reflex or at least learn how to deal with it.  Otherwise, diaper duty for the hubby will be real interesting. 

Besides diving into parenting, we have to make some serious decisions on where we will be living and working.  It was acceptable for Kevin and me to live apart in the summers when we were dating and it was tolerable when we were married (as long as we had frequent visits).  But bunking up with our respective parents in the summer (10 hours apart) with a baby in the mix isn't an option. 

Will 2013 mark the year we permanently check out of the hockey world?  Or will we just be checking back into the US hockey world?  Will I finally go back to teaching?  Or will I decide that teaching isn't in my future?  And what city, state, and country will we call home?  Stay tuned to find out.  Believe me, I'm as curious as you are.  

No comments:

Post a Comment