Friday, February 22, 2013

Lizard-1, Tricia-0

A few months ago I blogged about a lizard that had taken up residence in our sunroom.  Kevin and I hadn't seen him for a few awhile so we assumed he had died or was hiding away for the winter.  Then, he made an appearance a few weeks ago when I went to put the recycling out.  For some reason, Kevin and I started feeding him.  We would find dead bugs in the sunroom and put then outside the crack where he lives...he likes spiders best.   

Apparently, the lizard misconstrued our generosity and thought we were welcoming him into our home.  While Kevin was on the computer the other day, I heard him yelling at me.  I went to see what he wanted and he pointed out the lizard in the corner of our living room.  The little shit had gotten in here somehow.  I thought maybe I had let him in while running the recycling out so I assumed it was my fault.  Kevin got him out with a dust pan and I thought that was the end of it.  

Fast forward a few days...I was in the bathroom this morning and looked down and saw something brown by the shower.  The lizard was in the apartment again!  And not a few hours prior I had seen him in the sunroom so I know neither of us let him in.  Kevin was gone so I chased the little bugger down and trapped him at our front door by using a bowl.  But when I picked the bowl up, he got away.  I trapped him again, but this time his tail got caught and I cut it off.  I feel pretty bad about that.  I finally got him back out to the sunroom and released him.  We had a little talk about coming in the apartment and I got him a dead fly and some water to apologize about the whole tail incident.

How the hell does he get in the apartment?
I cut off about 3/4 of his tail...oops!
Just when I thought I had won, I dropped the glass bowl the lizard was trapped in and it shattered into a hundred tiny pieces across our apartment.  Under normal circumstances, I would have taken care of the mess on my own, but I am 37 weeks pregnant and running on about 5 hours of sleep so I called Kevin.  Thank goodness there were no practices going on so he was able to come home right away.    

What a mess!

Poor Kevin had to clean up the mess with a hand broom because that is all we have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment