Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Recap

Love & Marriage: After over 11 years of dating, Kevin and I finally tied the knot in May. The day was amazing, although it was a little warm. Looking back, are there things I would change? Absolutely! But then again, nothing turns out perfect and I am completely happy with how everything turned out. I'm still at the stage where I look at our wedding pictures on a weekly basis because I love them so much. I always tell Kevin I could do it all over again (with him, of course) and he is not in agreement. He still thinks we should have went to Vegas!

May 29, 2011



Retirement or Not: In 2010, if you would have asked me what Kevin and I would be doing in 2011, my answer would have sounded a lot like this..."Kevin is going to retire from hockey after this year. Then once the honeymoon is over, we'll start looking for a house and jobs. We are really looking forward to some stability and having a place to call home."

Well, obviously it didn't turn out that way. We had good intentions and had actually started looking at places in Chicago. Then, Kevin got a call a few weeks before the wedding telling him about the job opportunity in Italy. We went back and forth over what to do and ultimately made the decision to pack our bags once again. The way we see it, we have our whole lives to work. We are still young and have nothing tying us down so we might as well do it while we can. Some people think we are crazy and some people envy us. Regardless, we always make the decision based on what we want and we couldn't be happier.

From Goalie Reiter...


To Coach Reiter


Italy: Things definitely didn't start off easy. We had issues (and are still having issues) with my visa. Kevin went over by himself and I followed two months later. Since arriving here, things are great! Our little town is amazing, our apartment is cute, and we are enjoying every minute of our time here. Kevin spends a lot of time at the rink being a coach, but we still manage to do and see a lot. Whether it is going into town for coffee or heading to Innsbruck for the day, we have a blast. I'm also lucky to have another North American wife here with me. It is always nice to have someone who is in the same situation as you.

We have 5 months left here and are looking forward to visitors coming in March. We have also planned some trips for just ourselves in late April/early May when Kevin is done coaching.

The clock tower in Vipiteno


Our apartment

2 comments:

  1. Love reading your blog. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenna! I actually just got done reading your blog. Good luck with the resolutions (I'm not very good with the gym either) and I hope you get that shiny new ring. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete