Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pinterest Recipes Reviewed

I've been putting my Pinterest recipes to the test in order to get away from pizza and pasta. So far, I haven't been let down. Check out what I've been preparing in the kitchen.

Recipe 1: Hasselback Potatoes

I love, love, love potatoes! They are one of my favorite foods. The Hassleback, or Swedish Baked Potato, was an excellent change-up from our usual. They are simple to prepare and I enjoyed mine with a little bit of sour cream (or panna agra, as we like to call it here).


Recipe 2: Nutella Cookies

Since it is hard finding baking items here, I need recipes that are simple and don't ask for much. The Nutella Cookie recipe only has four ingredients and doesn't require a mixer. I followed it exactly as the recipe said except I had to add about a tablespoon of water to the mixture because it was a little crumbly. The final product was delicious!


Recipe 3: Eggplant Bruschetta

The eggplants here are huge and quite cheap. I've been using them quite a bit on sandwiches, in pasta, in salads, and as main courses. I paired the eggplant bruschetta with a penne in a creamy mushroom sauce. I thought it was great, but Kevin said I sliced the eggplant too thick. So, I guess the only change I would make to this recipe is slice the eggplant thinner (and that is only to please the husband).

No comments:

Post a Comment