Thursday, December 8, 2011

Snow Day!

Since the first day I arrived, I've been looking forward to the snow. I would wake up every morning and the first thing I’d do was look out the bathroom window to see if we had any. And every morning, I've been disappointed...until yesterday!!! I'm not sure why I'm so excited since I've always lived in places that have a fair amount of snow during the winter. I guess it is because snow looks so much prettier here in the mountains of Vipiteno than in the flat Midwest.




With the snow, it is definitely a lot colder. Since arriving I've been used to daytime temperatures of 5-10C or 41-50F, but today I got in the car and it said -2C or 28F. The snow has also brought the tourist. The hotel property we live on went from a ghost town to being packed in less than 24 hours. When we were driving through town today, the parking lots were packed with buses, the ski lifts were running, and the walking street was packed.

And the most exciting news of all...I got to break out my new snow boots today!

No comments:

Post a Comment